9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Lecturer: Sabine Mariß
Enlarging your personal sphere of influence and enhancing effectiveness
Following your path with determination and despite all obstacles in a competitive field like science can be challenging. Expectations and workload are high, resources often scarce. It is thus all the more important to face upcoming challenges proactively.
Therefore, this workshop focuses on the concept of the “7 habits of highly effective people“, created by the American management trainer and author Stephen Covey. We will deal with the first three “habits”, which are described below. These new habits will support you in better defining and reaching your goals, without putting integrity and self-care at risk.
Participants will have the opportunity to work on their own topics, thus applying the concept immediately.
Here’s a brief overview of the first three habits we’ll explore and what you’ll learn in the workshop:
- „Be proactive“: The power of becoming more proactive, thus fostering self-effectiveness and enlarging your circle of influence
- „Start with the end in mind“: The power of being aligned with your core values and visions, thus practicing real self-leadership
- „First things first“: The power of focusing on the really relevant things, thus becoming a more effective manager of your life and reaching your goals easier
- Theoretical inputs
- Exercises related to the three habits
- Working on personal issues
- Group discussions in the plenary