Prof. Basset from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology will talk within the colloquium series of the CRC 1333.
Thursday, 25. April 2019,
Lecture Hall 55.02, 2:00 – 3:00 pm, Pfaffenwaldring 55, 70569 Stuttgart
Topic:“Catalysis by design, predictive approach of heterogeneous catalysis”
Professor Basset, who has authored more than 450 scientific papers and reports, works to identify the possible relationships between homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis. For that purpose, he developed „surface organometallic chemistry“, a new field of chemistry that tries to answer various questions:
– Are the concepts of the reactivity of molecular chemistry applicable when an organometallic molecule reacts with a surface?
– Can the structures of molecular surface species be rationalized on the same basis as those of molecular species in solution?
– Does the reactivity of surface organometallic fragments allow understanding the elementary steps of heterogeneous catalysis?
– Can we make single site catalysts on a surface?
– Can we render heterogeneous catalysis a predictable science?
The CRC cordially invites all who are interested to the lecture.
Here you can find the Abstract.